Our Service Commitment
We will actively engage with our customers to provide high quality pre-application advice on all development proposals, offering an individual service with the primary aim of “Delivering Quality Development Quickly”.
The Authority’s approach to Development Management continues to place significant importance upon the provision of the best possible advice to a potential developer/applicant before a formal planning application is submitted.
The Authority has been operating a formal, chargeable pre-application service since April 2010 which has been operating well, both in terms of providing an effective service for applicants engaging with the department in advance of formal submission and in ensuring that the costs of providing this important service are met.
Details of which can be found here – Brecon Beacons National Park Chargeable Pre-application Guidance. Please submit the required information, together with the required fee (There is no form to complete)
Welsh Government Statutory Pre-Application Service
The Welsh Government has required all Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) in Wales to provide a Statutory Pre-Application Service. As a consequence, LPAs are now required, when requested by an applicant, to provide pre-application advice before an application for full or outline planning permission or an application pursuant to section 73 of the 1990 Act is made to them.
- This does not cover advice on retrospective development.
- The charges for the statutory pre-application service are nationally-set by Welsh Government. Please note that, on advice from HM Revenue & Customs, VAT is not payable on the statutory pre-application service.
- Please note that once a request for pre-application advice has been validated, fees are non-refundable.
- The statutory pre-application service is not confidential, and all correspondence and details will be publicly available on the Authority’s Part 1 Planning Register (weekly list).
- The provision of advice under the Statutory Pre-Application service formally ends on the issue of a written response to your request.
Details of which can be found via the following web link: Local Planning Authority Statutory Pre-Application Services. Please complete and submit the form together with the required fee.
We also continue to offer free householder advice at our planning surgery. These surgeries are held every Wednesday at our offices in Brecon. Appointments can be made via our planning helpdesk Tel: 01874 620431.