1. Providing advice and assistance
The Authority will as far as is reasonable and possible provide applicants and potential applicants with advice and assistance in relation to their requests for information.
Anyone requiring advice in respect of access to information should contact the Corporate Services Officer using the contact details provided below.
2. Making a request for information
Requests for Information must be in writing and can be made:
- By post, to the following address:
Corporate Services Officer
Brecon Beacons National Park Authority
Plas Y Ffynnon,
- By email
- Or by using the online form here
The exceptions to this requirement are requests under the Environmental Information Regulations, which may be made verbally and the Officer will record the details using a Verbal Request Form
Requests for information must:-
- Include a postal or email address to which the reply is to be sent
- Give sufficient detail for officers to identify what information is required – where a request does not contain enough detail for officers to decide what information the applicant wants clarification can be asked for
Where a person is unable to put his or her request in writing, the Authority will ensure that appropriate assistance is given to enable a request for information to be made. Depending on the circumstances, this will include:
- Advising them that another person or agency (such as a Citizens Advice Bureau) may be able to assist them with the request, or make the request on their behalf
- In exceptional circumstances, taking a note of the requested information, by telephone or in person, and providing the note to the requester for confirmation. In such cases, once verified by the requester and returned to the Authority, the note will constitute a written request for information and the statutory time limit for reply will begin once the confirmation is received
Preference may be expressed as to how the information is to be supplied. For example in Welsh; a paper copy of the information; a spreadsheet or a summary.
Where reasonably practicable, the Authority will comply with the stated preference. Where it is not reasonably practicable to comply with the applicant’s preference we will explain why.