SDF is a grant fund designed to support projects to develop and test ways of achieving a more sustainable way of living in the National Park.
In 2018/2019 we are actively seeking the following types of projects:-
Energy – Generating energy from renewable sources and saving energy, both leading to reduced carbon usage
- Grants and advice to support community renewables and energy efficiency
- Grants for innovative actions to increase energy efficiency in small businesses
Business – Promoting Rural Economic Development
- Start-up grants for small businesses focusing on the natural environment or conserving the built/cultural heritage of the area.
- Business expansion grants for businesses expanding conservation work on the natural environment or built/cultural heritage of the area, including job creation
- Apprenticeships/traineeships focused on work conserving the natural environment or built/cultural heritage of the area
Natural and built Heritage
- Built Heritage grants towards the repair of listed buildings or significant building structures of a commercial nature in a conservation area.
- Biodiversity projects which increase the connectivity between wildlife and communities or projects which monitor and record biodiversity across the Park
- Rural Transport Solutions – funding to investigate potential solutions for local rural transport deficits.
Health & wellbeing
- Community projects which focus on Health and /or integration of excluded groups within the Park or build long term capacity to enable groups outside the Park boundary to come into the Park for recreational & health benefits.
If you have a project idea please contact our office where Helen or Ceri will be happy to provide development support and advice.
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01874 620417
email@example.com or telephone 01874 620471