RURAL ALLIANCES is a unique chance to share and learn innovative approaches to:
- Distinguish and improve your business
- Be part of an active and really interesting community
- Create new and better prospects for people to work and live in rural areas
- Gain a reputation for being a fun and friendly place to visit and stay
- Improve and safeguard essential services
There are 12 partners in Rural Alliances from France, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany as well as two from Wales, Brecon Beacons National Park Authority and Trinity St Davids University. The project is 50% funded by the EU through their ERDF Interreg IVB North West Europe Programme to strengthen communities in rural areas of North West Europe and help address negative impacts brought about by demographic change. The project contributes to a more cohesive EU society as it derives from a cooperation of people from different countries working on common issues that touch the lives of EU-citizens. Rural Alliances in the Brecon Beacons is also funded by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority and the Welsh Government.
Brecon Beacons National Park Authority is proud to be Lead Partner for this project.
Take a look at the latest newsletter to see what we are working on with our partners across Europe.
A summary description of how the project will be implemented in the Brecon Beacons is available here.