The Brecon Beacons Local Nature Partnership are looking for those who live and work within the National Park to help us realise the objectives of the Nature Recovery Action Plan for the Brecon Beacons.
We know that much of the focus is on the large landscape scale nature projects in the Park, but here at the Local Nature Partnership, we understand there is an equally pressing need to ensure that all areas within our National Park are healthy and that they contribute to the ecosystems/ connectivity across the area.
If you have a project idea that is about helping nature recover, we would love to hear about it and we may be able to provide the funding (between £50 to £500) for you to take it forward. We will need to know how it is helping nature recover or people within your community connect to nature, and ideally you will have volunteers.
We are hoping to a fund a wide variety of project ideas with each site being different but here are a few ideas to get you thinking.
If you aren’t sure if your idea is appropriate just contact us and we’ll talk though it with you.
Notes for applicants:
- Project work must take place within the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- All monies must be spent before the end of March 2023.
- The grant can be used to pay for materials, labour and equipment required for the project.
- Match funding is not necessary but do tell us if you have any.
- Materials must be suitable for the area, as eco-friendly as possible and sourced locally where possible
- Plants (including trees and wildflowers) must be native species of local provenance (we can guide you through this)
- Recipients must have suitable public liability insurance for any work carried out under the scheme
- This is a rolling programme and therefore there no closing dates, however the programme will close once it has all available funding has been allocated.
- Successful applicants will be required to send a short report at the end of the project to include photographs, a list of expenditure and a brief write up of activities.
If you want to discuss anything or have questions around eligibly, project suitability or even assistance with the form – drop us a line at NatureRecovery @beacons-npa.gov.uk and we’ll give you a call to discuss.