COVID-19 Planning Services: Current Working Arrangements
The Authority buildings are now closed and planning staff are working from home. In light of the severity and unprecedented nature of this situation we do not have any indication at the moment as to when the offices will re-open.
The Planning Service including Development Management, Enforcement, Policy, Heritage and Administration will endeavour to continue operating as far as is practicably possible during these challenging times.
In this respect, while matters are the subject of continuous review, this is the current situation;
Development Management: Planning and Related Applications
- Current applications including pre-application enquiries will, wherever practicable, be progressed to determination or response. If you wish to enquire about an existing application or pre application enquiry please e-mail email@example.com
- All Committee meetings are currently suspended, and therefore some applications which need to be determined by Committee may regrettably be delayed pending any resumption of The Planning, Access and Rights of Way (PAROW) (including under any revised Welsh Government Regulations).
- Until further notice, new applications including pre-application enquiries will need to be submitted electronically, either via the Welsh Government’s Applications Portal or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such applications will be registered and acknowledged as normal, and Case Officers will contact applicants / agents to discuss individual cases.
- Site notices are not currently being displayed at this time but Neighbour Notification Letters are being sent out. This will be kept under review and we will update you if this procedure changes. However where a site notice is statutorily required or proceeding to determination would lead to a democratic deficit these applications will not be determined until all publicity has been concluded.
- Currently, all site visits on applications are suspended. Alternative arrangements may be possible to enable determination, but if not, determination will be delayed until such time as a site visit can be undertaken.
- The Authority is not able to receive cash, cheque or telephone card payments due to the impact of the crisis. Payment for planning applications and pre-planning enquiries can be made via the planning portal or alternatively by BACS transfer
- Please send all invoices, remittances and other financial queries by email to email@example.com
We are still receiving enforcement complaints electronically (including via our online complaints form), only those matters which are considered by officers to be significant or urgent, or those matters able to progress in the absence of a site visit, will be investigated.
We will continue to progress existing cases and whilst we will endeavour to respond to urgent matters, the timescales within the Authority’s Planning Enforcement Charter are temporarily suspended during the Coronavirus crisis. If you wish to enquire about an existing enforcement matter please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Heritage
Policy, Heritage and Ecology Officers will continue to provide expert advice on planning and related applications and enforcement matters. Where a site visit is essential this may lead to a delay in the determination of the particular application until such time that a site visit can be undertaken. If you have a query about a policy, heritage or ecology matter please e-mail email@example.com
Local Development Plan
The NPA is currently still working on our replacement LDP (LDP2). Our existing Delivery Agreement and Community Involvement Strategy, set out publication of the Deposit LDP June/July of this year. Whilst work continues to achieve these publication dates, we are very aware that access consultation materials may still be restricted by the summer. We will not be issuing any future consultations until we are satisfied that they would not be compromised by the current or future restrictions on movement. All LDP consultees will be contacted as and when we are clearer on the timetable amendments that may be necessary as a result of the coronavirus crisis. If you would like to receive such a notification please contact LDP@beacons-npa.gov.uk
Planning Policy Consultations
The current consultation on the Brecon Town Plan will be extended indefinitely, a closure date will be issued following lifting of movement restrictions. Any queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are closely monitoring Welsh Government guidance with regard to potential new measures to support the planning process in response to the current situation and will update the website as and when any changes occur.
Please be assured that the Planning Department will do its best to continue with the Service during these uncertain times, however your patience, understanding and assistance would be greatly appreciated.